Daelim University College
Daelim University College
Project name : 2022 New Industry Specialized Project Group Development of next-generation semiconductor specialized equipment construction VR practice program
Business period : November 30, 2022 ~ February 24, 2023 (87 days)
Securing base for fostering semiconductor talents through convergence education without distinction of major!
Establish a base for fostering semiconductor talent by focusing on facility and equipment investment! and Establish a field-friendly educational foundation for new industries!
This project, carried out with Daelim University College, aims to build new industry-customized equipment and secure equipment and software as the need for an environment to enhance the competitiveness of the semiconductor industry increases due to industrial paradigm changes and market fluctuations.
It repeatedly masters the semiconductor process equipment maintenance process and supports the improvement of safety accident response capabilities through virtual reality (VR). In addition, high educational effectiveness and immersion can be induced based on the systematic planning process used in NCS and industrial safety training scenarios.
Next-generation semiconductor MR (Mixed Reality) education system
01. Problems of semiconductor education
- Difficult to have various types of semiconductor equipment.
- Difficult to disassemble and assemble expensive semiconductor equipment.
- The parts used in semiconductor equipment are expensive, making field customized training difficult for all students.
02. Establishment of an education system using virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR)
03. Expected effects and curriculum application
- Building a socially customized educational environment
- Reduce training costs through hands-on training on unbuilt equipment and expensive equipment/parts
- Improving job competency and field adaptation ability through repeated learning
- Develop/apply various teaching methods related to MR and expect active participation from students
- Sequential application according to learning stage (job proficiency)
Equipment maintenance practice
VR Room at Daelim University College
Virtual reality training system
|Control system (Instructor)|
Semiconductor assembly process VR training
[23.09.13.] Samwoo Immersion Co., Ltd. and Daelim University College signed an MOU on industry-academia cooperation in the semiconductor field
Samwoo Immersion Co., Ltd. and Daelim University College signed an industry-academia cooperation MOU for the development and operation of VR educational content in the next-generation semiconductor field. This MOU signing ceremony, hosted by Daelim University College's leading colleges specializing in new industries, was held along with the opening ceremony of the VR training room in the Department of Semiconductor. Through this agreement, Samwoo Immersion Co., Ltd. plans to develop VR education content in the semiconductor field and carry out various cooperation with Daelim University College.
< MOU signing ceremony and VR lab opening ceremony >
After the MOU signing ceremony, officials had time to tour the VR lab and experience the content first-hand. David Kim, CEO of Samwoo Immersion Co., Ltd. said and expressed his expectations, “We will create the best model of cooperation with Daelim University College to foster human resources in the semiconductor industry in the future.”
< Officials and students are directly experiencing semiconductor VR contents. >